bookworlder

Yvette - Bookworlder

Just a middle-brow reader who loves a good story, recipe or how-to.

Review: Now and Forever (Wild at Heart #2) by Mary Connealy

Now and Forever (Wild at Heart) - Mary Connealy

Mary Connealy’s Now and Forever picks up just after the first book in the Wild at Heart series, Tried and True. It pairs the second Wilde sister, Shannon, with the almost mythical (which you’ll be told he is several times) mountain man Matt Tucker.

Kylie and Aaron’s story in Tried and True was a whole lot of fun and excitement, leaving me anxious to read Shannon and Bailey’s stories as well. The pairing of Shannon and Tucker was quite apparent, and I thought it would be fun to see them together, though not as fun as Kylie and Aaron. I was wrong. It was as good, or perhaps even a bit better. The romance is wonderful, the adventure felt even faster paced and does not let up, and there are genuinely funny moments as well. The mountain men were a wonderful addition, and I wish there had been more scenes with them. I really appreciated learning more of what life was like for their wives and children, through Tucker and Sunshine’s back-stories. Tucker’s strong grounding in faith, and Shannon’s being haunted by her Civil War experiences and doubting God are well portrayed and serve to deepen the reader’s understanding of their characters.

So, if you like your romance to be inspirational, historic and focused more on the action and adventure, then the Wild at Heart series is one I would highly recommend. I rated Tried and True 3.5 out of 5 stars, though it is actually close to a 4, which is what I am rating Now and Forever. Now the only problem is that I have to wait for the third book. Heavy sigh.

This review refers to a NetGalley ebook review copy, read for free courtesy of Bethany House Publishing, in exchange for an honest review.

The full version of this review can be read on my WordPress blog: http://wp.me/p5Tcfi-27