bookworlder

Yvette - Bookworlder

Just a middle-brow reader who loves a good story, recipe or how-to.

Book Review: 12 Brides of Summer Novella Collection #4

The 12 Brides of Summer - Novella Collection #4 - Diana Lesire Brandmeyer, Davalynn Spencer, Vickie McDonough

The County Fair Bride by Vickie McDonough

The Honey Bride by Diana Brandmeyer

The Columbine Bride by Davalynn Spencer

The fourth and final in this series of monthly Collections is another great choice for quick, satisfying summer “beach” reads for those of us who enjoy Christian historical fiction set in the American Old West.

Each of the heroes is ready to embrace the desire for family, while each of the heroines is working to overcome a fault (including a reforming “mean girl”).

These particular stories read as though they are related to an ongoing or upcoming series and I would gladly read each of them again if they were expanded and further developed. Short stories (I know they call them Novellas, but I do have a small quibble about the length) like these are often a bit rushed feeling, and these are no exception.

4/5 stars for entertainment and integration of faith. I very much enjoyed having characters who turned to God, not just due to adversity, but as a matter of course. Diana Brandmeyer’s Katie in particular strikes me, in hindsight, as someone simply walking in her faith as best she can.

This review refers to an ebook copy, read courtesy of the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.   It’s publication date is set for September 1, 2015 and at approximately $1 per story is, I think, well worth the cost of the ebook if you are a fan of historical Christian romance.  My full review can be read on my WordPress based blog: