bookworlder

Yvette - Bookworlder

Just a middle-brow reader who loves a good story, recipe or how-to.

The Longest Date: Life as a Wife - Cindy Chupack

The Longest Date by Cindy Chupack is one of those books that feel like you are listening to a friend tell her story.  And that is fantastic, except when you figure out almost 100 pages in that you and this friend just aren’t compatible.  You are too different, your values begin to clash.   You’ve accepted minor differences, because that makes your time together more interesting.  You’ve especially enjoyed hearing about the creative dinner parties she and her husband have hosted but then she starts telling you stories that you are just not comfortable with.  And you have to stop listening, or in this case reading, because you just know that this friendship is not to be.  Even though you still wish you could join in on one of those dinner parties.

Not a perfect metaphor, but I hope that explains (non-specifically enough to be pretty spoiler free) why I stopped reading.  I’m just not the right reader for this book.

My (Advance Uncorrected Proof) copy was won through the Good Reads First Reads program.