bookworlder

Yvette - Bookworlder

Just a middle-brow reader who loves a good story, recipe or how-to.

The Curious Case... by Gail Carriger

The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar (The Parasol Protectorate Book 6) - Gail Carriger

In reading the Alexia Tarabotti books, I was curious to know more about her father (and how her parents ever were a couple) while knowing I would not like him. My curiosity is now mostly satisfied, some of it by inference, and my suspicion of finding him rather unlikable proven out, though perhaps this is due to expectation more than character. And Floote, incomparable and unflappable Floote, was completely himself and wonderful as ever, providing my favorite quote of "Try not to kill anyone important, sir."

Well worth the 99cent price (kindle, US Amazon site) for a fan of The Parasol Protectorate series, though I now wonder how my experience of it might have been altered had I read it before the 5 Alexia books as I did with the first two of the Finishing School series. I would definitely read more of Alessandro and Floote, though I am conflicted over the possibility of learning the reality rather than the inferred regarding Mr. Tarabotti's relationship with Alexia's mother.