bookworlder

Yvette - Bookworlder

Just a middle-brow reader who loves a good story, recipe or how-to.

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson

Every mention of Steelheart, and of Brandon Sanderson’s writing, that I have read or heard has tended towards the superlative.  I’ve been curious to try Sanderson out, but until I read the premise of Steelheart, I had never felt compelled to do so.  Having been intrigued by this particular book for several months, I was very happy to receive the notice that the hold I had placed on an Overdrive copy through my library was available.

Call me a skeptic, but whenever I hear how absolutely wonderful something is, be it a book or a movie or flavor of ice cream, I just know that I will be somewhat disappointed.   Not so with Brandon Sanderson’s Steelheart

The main character is relatable (except the staring at female body parts, having never been a teenage male, I just could not relate to this), the book well written, and the action practically non-stop.  There are surprises and twists, and though I guessed one of the main surprises (or was I subconsciously influenced by incredibly subtle foreshadowing?) it was still enjoyable.

A fun, exciting, and enjoyable read.  I can’t wait for the sequel, though I suppose I must since it is not due out until Fall 2014… Luckily, Brandon Sanderson has some adult novels to help fill the time.  I just hope they live up to the hype.